Pages, Places, People & Organizations we support
Foodshed Alliance -A grassroots,
non-profit devoted to promoting locally-grown food and farming. We work
with farmers, community members, and agricultural leaders to develop
projects that foster the growth of a sustainable local food system.
Slow Food USA-
Slow Food is an idea, a way of living and a way of eating. It is part
of a global, grassroots movement with thousands of members in over 150
countries, which links the pleasure of food with a commitment to
community and the environment.
- The mission of the Sparta Township Cultural Affairs Committee is
to provide a significant level of cultural enrichment to members of the
community through its programs and special events.
- Huge database of useful information on where to get your locally produced foods, recipes, stories and so much more!
Sussex County Board of Agriculture
- We represent Sussex County on the broader stage to organizations and
State agencies. We are an information network and an advocacy board,
dedicated to helping protect, preserve, and sustain agriculture in the
Farmers Market Coalition
- The Farmers Market Coalition seeks to strengthen farmers markets’
capacity to serve farmers, consumers, and communities by providing the
rapidly growing movement with information and representation at state
and federal levels.
American Farmland Trust
- American Farmland Trust is the nation's leading conservation
organization dedicated to saving America’s farm and ranch land,
promoting environmentally sound farming practices and supporting a
sustainable future for farms.
- Expert on sustainable food systems, author of several bestselling books including Food Rules, In Defense of Food, Omnivore Dilemma and more
- A certification company for municipalities in New Jersey that want to go green, save money, and take steps to sustain their quality of life over the long term.
- a great open network of resources
- Edible Jersey is a quarterly publication that tells the story of food, from source to table.
Published quarterly, we spotlight the growers, producers, retailers,
artisans, chefs, home cooks, and others who energize our community
with authentic, regionally-based food choices.